The idea of pre-work has existed long before we had a catchy name for it. Think of the list of books your school would give you to read over the summer. While we all had different relationships with summer reading, the idea behind it was right: schools wanted you to be prepared for what lay..
Resources for Remote Design
Here at MURAL, we are committed to supporting remote design. This post gathers some resources to learn what experts have to say about designing remotely, and tools to help you do it, too.
ARTICLES and CASE STUDIES
- Laila von Alvensleben (Hanno.co Blog), "Getting into remote design thinking with MURAL"
- Laila von Alvensleben (Medium), "Remote Design Thinking"
- Jeff Gothelf, “Remote collaborative brainstorming and sketching”
- Austin Govella, "How to schedule remote workshops"
- Angus Kidman (Lifehacker) “Ask LH: Can I Get a Job in User Experience Design and Work Remotely?”
- Marg Liang (UX Matters), "What’s Holding You Back from Doing UX Design Remotely?"
- Matthew Magain (UX Mastery), "How To Be A Remote UX Designer"
- Kris Niles, “Creating a Pattern Library with Evernote and Fireworks”
- Dov Seidman (Harvard Business Review), "From the Knowledge Economy to the Human Economy"
We recently conducted a survey on remote design. Here are the top tools the designers use for various aspects of remote design:
Remote work is on the rise. Odds are you'll have to design remotely in the future. As technology for remote collaboration gets better, it will make remote design easier. Here are few bits of inspiration:
- Sebastian Sjöberg, "Beyond Being There: Online Collaboration in the Heightened Reality"
- MURAL of MS Surface Hub 84”
Remote design will continue to develop. We're confident that as new solutions because available, designers will be both more comfortable and more productive designing from a far.
To further the cause, we've created a discussion group on LinkedIn. Please add to the conversation with your thoughts and comments.
Jim Kalbach is a noted author, speaker, and instructor in customer experience, experience design, digital transformation, and strategy.
August, 26 2015